Dull skin is often described as skin that has lost its brightness and looks grey in appearance. As we age, this can become more common. Apart from the natural ageing process, other factors such as sun exposure and certain lifestyle choices such as smoking and poor diet can lead to tired-looking, dull skin. The term ‘dull skin’ or ‘lacklustre skin’ usually refers to tired-looking, dry skin which has lost its natural glow. Pigmentation and wrinkles caused by sun damage can have this effect, causing the skin to lose its elasticity and fullness. Dehydrated skin can also look dull.
Dull Skin can be greatly reduced by adopting a great skin care routine advised by a professional. We advise you to have a 30 minute skincare consultation so that the correct products are prescribed specifically for you.
- Glycolic and Vitamin A and C are essential ingredients to your homecare when treating Dull Skin.
- A healthy life style is also essential.
- Avoid large amounts of alcohol
- Reduce smoking to a minimum
- Try to get at least 8 hours sleep per night
- Drink at least two litres of water a day
- Eat lots of fruit and vegetables and avoid pre packed and “Fast Food”
We offer a wide range of treatments for Dull Skin at Cheek Medispa. To determine the correct treatment for you, we would recommend a free consultation to discuss and evaluate your concerns and also the results you want to achieve.